AHC30916 Certificate III in Landscape Construction
Not Currently Available to International Students
This qualification provides a general vocational outcome in landscape construction. The landscaping industry expects this qualification to be achieved to meet job outcomes at this level.
Occupational titles may include:
Applicants should have completed a year 12 or equivalent level of secondary education.
Applicants must be over the age of 18 at the time of commencement.
This qualification may be accessed by direct entry.
CENTRELINK STUDENT RELATED PAYMENTS (LOCAL STUDENTS)
This course is PENDING for Youth Allowance, Austudy payment, ABSTUDY, and the Pensioner Education Supplement through Centrelink.
Total number of units = 15
- Core Units = 11
- Elective Units = 4
COURSE STRUCTURE (As Delivered by Australian Industrial Systems Institute)
- AHCDRG301 Install drainage systems
- AHCLSC301 Set out site for construction works
- AHCLSC302 Construct landscape features using concrete
- AHCLSC303 Construct brick and/or block structures and features
- AHCLSC305 Construct stone structures and features
- AHCLSC306 Implement a paving project
- AHCLSC307 Implement a retaining wall project
- AHCPCM302 Provide information on plants and their culture
- AHCPGD301 Implement a plant establishment program
- AHCSOL303 Implement soil improvements for garden and turf areas
- AHCWHS301 Contribute to work health and safety processes
- CPCCCA3002A Carry out setting out
- CPCCCM2001A Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCBL3001A Lay paving
- CPCCCM1015A Carry out measurements and calculations
The course is conducted over a 48 week delivery plus 4 weeks breaks (totalling 52 weeks) at 20 hours per week required attendance (960 hours scheduled delivery).
Monthly Intake commencing the first Monday of every month
Text Book and Training Materials $300
Safety Equipment $300 (Includes Safety Glasses (to AS1337), Safety Boots (steel toe cap), Combination Overalls (khaki), Hearing Protection (ear muffs/ear plugs), Sun protection equipment, Safety Helmet, Hair Restraint (long hair needs to be restrained))
Application Fee: $ 250 (Non Refundable)
Fee for Service – Domestic
Pathways from the qualification
Further training pathways from this qualification include, but are not limited to, AHC42016 Certificate IV in Landscape or AHC52016 Diploma of Landscape Project Management.
Assessment comprises written assignments, tests and practical application projects. Students are required to attend assessments and practical demonstration sessions as scheduled, with assessments generally scheduled during normal class time. Students must demonstrate competence on in a landscape design environment.
TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT NOTE
Parts of this course will be conducted off-campus within a landscape construction environment.
AISI will organize the training for each student and you will be required to attend on your scheduled date.
Note: This course supersedes and is equivalent to AHC30910 – Certificate III in Landscape Construction.