AUR30316 – Certificate III in Automotive Electrical Technology
CRICOS Code: 091594D
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who service, diagnose and repair electrical systems and components in vehicles in the automotive electrical service and repair industry.
Applicants should have completed a year 12 or equivalent level of secondary education.
Applicants must be over the age of 18 at the time of commencement.
This qualification may be accessed by direct entry.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
OTHER Language of instruction in previous studies was English
or Language spoken at home is English
or Satisfactory standard achieved from the Australian Industrial Systems Institute
or Hong Kong C.E.E. Grade C
or Other acceptable equivalents
CENTRELINK STUDENT RELATED PAYMENTS (LOCAL STUDENTS)
AUR30312 Certificate III in Automotive Electrical Technology is approved for Youth Allowance, Austudy payment, ABSTUDY, and the Pensioner Education Supplement through Centrelink.
- AURAEA002 Follow environmental and sustainability best practice in an automotive workplace
- AURASA002 Follow safe working practices in an automotive workplace
- AURETK002 Use and maintain electrical test equipment in an automotive workplace
- AURETR006 Solder electrical wiring and circuits
- AURETR007 Apply knowledge of automotive electrical circuits and wiring systems
- AURETR009 Install vehicle lighting and wiring systems
- AURETR010 Repair wiring harnesses and looms
- AURETR012 Test and repair basic electrical circuits
- AURETR023 Diagnose and repair spark ignition engine management systems
- AURETR024 Diagnose and repair compression ignition engine management systems
- AURETR025 Test, charge and replace batteries and jump-start vehicles
- AURETR027 Install ancillary electronic systems and components
- AURETR028 Diagnose and repair instruments and warning systems
- AURETR029 Diagnose and repair charging systems
- AURETR030 Diagnose and repair starting systems
- AURETR031 Diagnose and repair ignition systems
- AURETR032 Diagnose and repair automotive electrical systems
- AURETR035 Apply knowledge of petrol and diesel engine operation
- AURETR043 Diagnose and repair electronic body management systems
- AURTTA018 Carry out diagnostic procedures
- AURETR005 Install automotive security systems and components
- AURETR008 Remove and replace electrical units and assemblies
- AURETR011 Install basic ancillary electrical systems and components
- AURETR013 Inspect, test and service charging systems
- AURETR014 Inspect, test and service starting systems
- AURETR015 Inspect, test and service batteries
- AURTTA004 Carry out servicing operations
- AURTTE004 Inspect and service engines
- AURTTF001 Inspect and service petrol fuel systems
- AURTTK002 Use and maintain tools and equipment in an automotive workplace
- AURTTW001 Carry out soft soldering techniques
- AURTTA005 Select and use bearings, seals, gaskets, sealants and adhesives
The course is conducted over a 48 week delivery plus 4 weeks breaks (totalling 52 weeks) at 20 hours per week required attendance (960 hours scheduled delivery).
Monthly Intake commencing the first Monday of every month
Text Book $150
Safety Equipment $150
Fee for Service – Domestic and International Students
Assessment comprises written assignments, tests and practical application projects. Students are required to attend tests and examinations as scheduled, with test generally scheduled during normal class time.
TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT NOTE
Parts of this course will be conducted off-campus within a workshop facility.