AUR40816 Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Overhauling
CRICOS Code: 091681E
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who perform advanced troubleshooting and repair tasks in the automotive retail, service and repair industry.
Applicants should have completed a year 12 or equivalent level of secondary education.
Applicants must be over the age of 18 at the time of commencement.
Those undertaking Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Overhauling are required to have completed an automotive mechanical Certificate III qualification or be able to demonstrate equivalent competency.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
OTHER Language of instruction in previous studies was English
or Language spoken at home is English
or Satisfactory standard achieved from the Australian Industrial Systems Institute
or Hong Kong C.E.E. Grade C
or Other acceptable equivalents
CENTRELINK STUDENT RELATED PAYMENTS (LOCAL STUDENTS)
This course is approved for Youth Allowance, Austudy payment, ABSTUDY, and the Pensioner Education Supplement through Centrelink.
Total number of units = 10
1 core unit, plus
9 elective units, of which:
- up to 9 units may be chosen from the Elective Units listed below
- up to 2 units may be chosen from a Certificate III qualification or above in this Training Package or another endorsed Training Package or accredited course, provided that the units chosen contribute to the vocational outcome of this qualification and do not duplicate the outcome of another unit chosen for the qualification.
COURSE STRUCTURE (As Delivered by Australian Industrial Systems Institute)
- AURTTA021 Diagnose complex system faults
- AURTTE005 Overhaul engines
- AURTTF003 Overhaul diesel fuel injection system components
- AURTTM011 Recondition engine cylinder heads
- AURTTD005 Overhaul steering system components
- AURHTB003 Overhaul hydraulic and air over hydraulic braking system components
- AURTTX008 Overhaul manual transmissions
- AURTTX007 Overhaul clutch assemblies
- AURTTQ004 Overhaul final drive assemblies
- AURAEA004 Manage environmental and sustainability best practice in an automotive workplace
23 weeks for those who enter with a Certificate III in Automotive Technology or equivalent.
Monthly Intake commencing the first Monday of every month
Text Book $150
Safety Equipment $150
Application Fee: $ 250
Fee for Service – Domestic and International Students
Pathways from the qualification
Further training pathways from this qualification include AUR50216 Diploma of Automotive Technology or other relevant qualifications.
Job roles and employment outcomes
The Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Overhauling is intended to provide advanced training for automotive technicians who want to further develop their repair and technical skills. Employment outcomes targeted by this qualification include.
Job roles related to this qualification include:
- automotive lead/master technician.
Assessment comprises written assignments, tests and practical application projects. Students are required to attend tests and examinations as scheduled, with test generally scheduled during normal class time.
TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT NOTE
Parts of this course will be conducted off-campus within a workshop facility.