BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business
CRICOS Code: 086935G
This qualification is suited to those working as administrators and project officers. In this role, individuals use well-developed skills and a broad knowledge base to apply solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems and analyse information from a variety of sources. They may provide leadership and guidance to others with some limited responsibility for the output of others.
Pathways into the qualification
Preferred pathways for candidates considering this qualification include:
- BSB30115 Certificate III in Business or other relevant qualification/s
- with vocational experience assisting in a range of environments providing administrative or operational support to individuals and/or teams but without a formal business qualification.
All applicants must be 18 year or over.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
A proficiency in English equivalent to IELTS 5.5 (or its equivalent) is required for all applicants.
PATHWAY FROM THE QUALIFICATION
After achieving this qualification candidates may undertake:
- A range of Diploma level qualifications within the BSB Business Services Training Package, or other Training Packages
Examples of indicative job roles for candidates seeking entry based upon their vocational experience include:
- Accounts Clerk
- Customer Service Advisor
- E-business Practitioner
- Legal Receptionist
- Medical Receptionist
- Office Administration Assistant
- Student Services Officer
- Word Processing Operator
This breadth of expertise would equate to the competencies required to undertake this qualification.
Total number of units = 10
1 core unit plus
9 elective units , of which:
- 7 of the elective units must be selected from the elective units listed below
- 4 elective units may be selected from the elective units listed at http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/BSB30115, from this Training Package (BSB) or from any current accredited course or endorsed Training Package at the same qualification level
- if not listed in http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/BSB30115, 1 elective unit may be selected from a Certificate II qualification and 2 elective units may be taken from a Certificate IV qualification.
COURSE STRUCTURE (As Delivered by Australian Industrial Systems Institute)
- BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- BSBREL401 Establish networks
- BSBLED401 Develop teams and individuals
- BSBRES401 Analyse and present research information
- BSBINN301 Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBSUS401 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- BSBFIA402 Report on financial activity
- BSBMKG414 Undertake marketing activities
- BSBMKG413 Promote products and services
- BSBWRT401 Write complex documents
16 weeks (21 hours per week) [14 Weeks scheduled classes plus 2 weeks scheduled holiday periods].
Monthly Intake commencing the first Monday of every month
Tuition Fee: $3,500
Text Book/Resource Material: $250
Application Fee: $ 250 (Non-refundable)
Fee for Service Students
Assessment comprises written assignments, tests and practical application projects. Students are required to attend tests and examinations as scheduled, with test generally scheduled during normal class time.