BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management
CRICOS Code: 089370E
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
They plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. The program is suitable to Department Manager in a small manufacturing business. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
All applicants must be 18 year or over.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
International Student Entry: English Language level of IELTS 5.5 or its equivalent.
PATHWAY FROM THE QUALIFICATION
After achieving the BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management, candidates may undertake the BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management, or a range of other Advanced Diploma qualifications
Total number of units = 12
4 core units plus,
8 elective units
- 4 elective units must be selected from Group A
- up to 4 may be additional units from Group A or Group B
- if not listed below, up to 2 electives may be from Diploma or above in the Business Services Training Package
- if not listed below, 1 elective unit may be from any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course at Diploma level.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
COURSE STRUCTURE (As Delivered by Australian Industrial Systems Institute)
- BSBLDR501 Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBMGT517 Manage operational plan
- BSBLDR502 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBWOR502 Lead and manage team effectiveness
Elective Units (Group A)
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
- BSBRSK501 Manage risk
- BSBMGT502 Manage people performance
- BSBFIM501 Manage budgets and financial plans
- BSBHRM405 Support the recruitment, selection and induction staff
Elective Units (Group B)
- BSBWRK510 Manage employee relations
- BSBSUS501 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- BSBADM502 Manage meetings
52 weeks (20 hours per week, structured as 40 weeks full time face to face with 12 weeks breaks)
Monthly Intake commencing the first Monday of every month
Tuition Fee: $6,000
Application Fee: $ 250 (Non-refundable)
Fee for Service Students
Assessment comprises written assignments, tests and practical application projects. Students are required to attend tests and examinations as scheduled, with test generally scheduled during normal class time.