CPC30611 – Certificate III in Painting and Decorating
CRICOS Code: 097457J
This qualification provides a trade outcome in painting and decorating for residential and commercial construction work.
Occupational titles may include:
- Painter and decorator.
The qualification has core unit of competency requirements that cover common skills for the construction industry, as well as two specialist fields of work.
Occupational titles may include:
- Painter and decorator
Applicants should have completed a year 12 or equivalent level of secondary education.
Applicants must be over the age of 18 at the time of commencement.
This qualification may be accessed by direct entry.
Pathways into the qualification
Credit may be granted towards this qualification by those who have completed CPC20112 Certificate II in Construction, CPC20211 Certificate II in Construction Pathways or other relevant qualifications.
There are no specific licences that relate to this qualification as delivered by AISI.
Completion of the general induction training program specified by the National Code of Practice for Induction Training for Construction Work (ASCC 2007) is required before entering a construction work site. Achievement of unit CPCCOHS1001A covers this requirement.
CENTRELINK STUDENT RELATED PAYMENTS (LOCAL STUDENTS)
This course is PENDING for Youth Allowance, Austudy payment, ABSTUDY, and the Pensioner Education Supplement through Centrelink.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must demonstrate competency in:
- 30 units of competency:
- 22 core units
- 8 elective units.
A maximum of two of the eight required elective units may be substituted by selecting relevant units of competency from any Certificate III or IV construction qualification or qualification in another endorsed Training Package.
Some units in this qualification may have prerequisite requirements, which must be met when packaging the qualification. Users are referred to the list of CPC08 units with prerequisite unit requirements available in this Training Package for this purpose.
COURSE STRUCTURE (As Delivered by Australian Industrial Systems Institute)
- CPCCCM1012A Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- CPCCCM1013A Plan and organise work
- CPCCCM1014A Conduct workplace communication
- CPCCCM1015A Carry out measurements and calculations
- CPCCCM2001A Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCCM2003B Calculate and cost construction work
- CPCCCM2010B Work safely at heights
- CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- CPCCCM3001C Operate elevated work platforms*^
- CPCCPB3026B Erect and maintain trestle and plank systems^
- CPCCPD2011A Handle painting and decorating materials^
- CPCCPD2012A Use painting and decorating tools and equipment^
- CPCCPD2013A Remove and replace doors and door and window components^
- CPCCPD3021A Prepare surfaces for painting^
- CPCCCM2008B Erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding^
- CPCCPD3022A Apply paint by brush and roller^
- CPCCPD3023A Apply texture coat paint finishes by brush, roller and spray^
- CPCCPD3024A Apply paint by spray^
- CPCCPD3025A Match specified paint colour^
- CPCCPD3026A Apply stains and clear timber finishes^
- CPCCPD3027A Apply wallpaper^
- CPCCPD3028A Apply decorative paint finishes^
- CPCCPD3031A Implement safe lead paint and asbestos work practices in the painting industry^
- BSBSMB301 Investigate micro business opportunities
- BSBSMB406 Manage small business finances
- CPCCPD3030B Apply protective paint coating systems^
- CPCCSP3003A Apply trowelled texture coat finishes^
*prerequisite CPCCCM2010B Work safely at heights
^ prerequisite CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
The course is conducted over a 48 week delivery plus 4 weeks breaks (totalling 52 weeks) at 20 hours per week required attendance (960 hours scheduled delivery).
Monthly Intake commencing the first Monday of every month
Safety Equipment $300 (Includes Safety Glasses (to AS1337), Safety Boots (steel toe cap), Combination Overalls (khaki), Hearing Protection (ear muffs/ear plugs), Sun protection equipment.
Application Fee: $ 250 (Non Refundable)
Fee for Service – Domestic and International
Pathways from the qualification
Further training pathways from this qualification may include other higher level Construction Qualifications such as Certificate IV Building and Construction (Building) or other relevant qualifications.
Assessment comprises written assignments, tests and practical application projects. Students are required to attend tests and practical demonstration sessions as scheduled, with tests generally scheduled during normal class time. Students must demonstrate competence on a construction site.
TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT NOTE
Parts of this course will be conducted off-campus within a construction environment.
CONSTRUCTION INDUCTION CARD
All students undertaking the building and construction courses at AISI are required to hold a current Construction Induction Card.
To obtain the card, students are required to attend a one day training program. The cost of the program is included in the tuition fee for the enrolled course paid to AISI. All students are required to obtain a Construction Induction Card prior to undertaking any practical activities on site, or entering any construction site.
The Construction Induction Card will enable participants to work safely in the construction industry.
The Construction Induction Card course is recognised by WorkSafe for the registration of construction workers for OH&S induction.
The Construction Induction Card course is intended to provide individuals with the skills and knowledge to operate safely in a work environment and should be completed prior to entering a construction workplace.
Under WorkSafe Victoria requirements, all persons participating in onsite activities in the building and construction industry must undertake Construction Induction Card training.
At the completion of this Construction Induction Card course, participants will be issued with a statement of attainment on the day of training. This statement of attainment, which is valid for 60 days after training is completed, allows the participant to perform construction work while WorkSafe is processing their Construction Induction Card.
The Construction Induction Card course provides participants with the skills and knowledge to work safely in the construction industry including:
- Identifying OH&S legislative requirements
- Identifying construction hazards and control measures
- Identifying OHS communication and reporting processes
- Identifying OHS incident response procedures
PLEASE NOTE: Students will be required to present a photo ID on the day of training (see below for acceptable ID documents). If acceptable identification is not presented, student details will not be forwarded to WorkSafe until such documentation is sighted.
TYPES OF IDENTITY DOCUMENTS
The documents listed below are examples of documents that can be used as proof of identity. Other documents may be used as long as the document as a minimum provides proof of the participant’s full name as well as a photo:
- Passport (Australian Passport current or expired within the last two years, but not cancelled, International Passport must be current)
- Driver’s Licence – Australian with photo, must be current.
- Driver’s Learners Permit – Australian with photo, must be current.
- Boat Operator’s Licence – Australian with photo, must be current.
- Firearm Licence – Victorian with photo, must be current. (Can accept interstate Firearms Licence as long as it contains a photo and is current)
- Licence to Perform High Risk Work or equivalent photo certificate of competency that is current, not expired.
- State, Territory or Federal Government Employee ID card with photo
- Other Australian Government issued ID card with photo
- Photo identity card issued by a Tertiary Education Institution must be current
- Keypass ID Card with photo, must be current
- Consumer Affairs Victoria Proof of Age Card with photo
AISI will organize the training for each student and you will be required to attend on your scheduled date.