CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building)
CRICOS Code: 081207C
This qualification is designed to meet the needs of builders and managers of small to medium-sized building businesses.
The builder may also be the appropriately licensed person with responsibility under the relevant building licensing authority in the State or Territory. Builder licensing varies across States and Territories and additional requirements to attainment of this qualification may be required.
Applicants should have completed a year 11 or equivalent level of secondary education.
Applicants must be over the age of 18 at the time of commencement.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
OTHER Language of instruction in previous studies was English
or Language spoken at home is English
or Satisfactory standard achieved from the Australian Industrial Systems Institute
or Other acceptable equivalents
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must demonstrate competency in:
- 16 units of competency:
- 13 core units
- 3 elective units.
COURSE STRUCTURE (As Delivered by Australian Industrial Systems Institute)
- CPCCBC4001A Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for low rise building projects
- CPCCBC4002A Manage occupational health and safety in the building and construction workplace
- CPCCBC4003A Select and prepare a construction contract
- CPCCBC4004A Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4005A Produce labour and material schedules for ordering
- CPCCBC4006B Select, procure and store construction materials for low rise projects
- CPCCBC4007A Plan building or construction work
- CPCCBC4008B Conduct on-site supervision of building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4009B Apply legal requirements to building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4010B Apply structural principles to residential low rise constructions
- CPCCBC4011B Apply structural principles to commercial low rise constructions
- CPCCBC4012A Read and interpret plans and specifications
- BSBSMB406A Manage small business finances
- CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
- BSBSMB404 Undertake small business planning
- BSBSMB402 Plan small business finances
Note: The electives above may be replaced with the following:
- BSBSMB401 Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- CPCCBC4018A Apply site surveys and set out procedures to building and construction projects
- BSBLDR403 Lead team effectiveness
52 weeks (21 hours per week).
Monthly Intake commencing the first Monday of every month
Text Book/Resource Material $300
Safety Equipment $200 (Boots, Safety Glasses and Overalls)
Application Fee: $ 250 (Non-refundable)
Fee for Service students – Domestic and International
Pathways from the qualification
After achieving the CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building), candidates may undertake a range of Diploma level qualifications within the CPC08 Construction, Plumbing and Services Integrated Framework Training Package, or other Training Packages. The main progression pathway is to CPC50210 Diploma of Building and Construction (Building).
Occupational titles may include:
- Construction manager
Assessment comprises written assignments, tests and practical work. Students are required to attend tests and examinations as scheduled, with test generally scheduled during normal class time. Students must demonstrate competence on a construction site.
TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT NOTE
Parts of this course will be conducted off-campus within a construction environment.