CPC40508 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Site Management)
CRICOS Code: 081209A
This training program is appropriate for a participant interested in working as a site manager or Supervisor in the building and construction industry.
Completion of the general induction training program specified by the National Code of Practice for Induction Training for Construction Work (SAC 2006) is required before entering a construction work site. Achievement of unit CPCCOHS1001A covers this requirement. See notes below.
Occupational titles may include:
- project manager
- construction manager
- estimating manager
- sales manager
Applicants should have completed a year 12 or equivalent level of secondary education.
Applicants must be over the age of 18 at the time of commencement.
CENTRELINK STUDENT RELATED PAYMENTS (LOCAL STUDENTS)
This course is approved for Youth Allowance, Austudy payment, ABSTUDY, and the Pensioner Education Supplement through Centrelink.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must demonstrate competency in:
The elective units must ensure the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome and are to be chosen as follows:
COURSE STRUCTURE (As Delivered by Australian Industrial Systems Institute)
- CPCCBC4001A Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for low rise building projects
- CPCCBC4002A Manage occupational health and safety in the building and construction Workplace
- CPCCBC4007A Plan building or construction work
- CPCCBC4008A Conduct on-site supervision of building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4009A Apply legal requirements to building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4010A Apply structural principles to residential low rise constructions
- CPCCBC4011A Apply structural principles to commercial low rise constructions
- CPCCBC4012A Read and interpret plans and specifications
- BSBWOR402A Promote team effectiveness
- CPCCBC4017A Arrange resources and prepare for the building or construction project
- CPCCBC4021A Minimise waste on the building and construction site
- CPCCBC4024A Resolve business disputes
- CPCSUS4001A Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- BSBITU202A Create and use simple spreadsheets
- BSBPMG510A Manage projects
52 weeks (21 hours per week).
Monthly Intake commencing the first Monday of every month
Text Book $300
Safety Equipment $200 (Includes Safety Glasses (to AS1337), Safety Boots (steel toe cap), Combination Overalls (khaki), Hearing Protection (ear muffs/ear plugs), Sun protection equipment, Safety Helmet, Hair Restraint (long hair needs to be restrained)
Application Fee: $ 250 (Non Refundable)
Fee for Service students – Domestic and International
After achieving the CPC40508 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Site Management), candidates may undertake a range of Diploma level qualifications within the CPC08 Construction, Plumbing and Services Integrated Framework Training Package, or other Training Packages. The main progression pathway is to CPC50308 Diploma of Building and Construction (Management).
Assessment comprises written assignments, tests and practical application projects. Students are required to attend tests and practical demonstration sessions as scheduled, with tests generally scheduled during normal class time. Students must demonstrate competence on a construction site.
TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT NOTE
Parts of this course will be conducted off-campus within a construction environment.
CONSTRUCTION INDUCTION CARD
All students undertaking the building and construction courses at AISI are required to hold a current Construction Induction Card.
To obtain the card, students are required to attend a one day training program. The cost of the program is included in the tuition fee for the enrolled course paid to AISI. All students are required to obtain a Construction Induction Card prior to undertaking any practical activities on site, or entering any construction site.
The Construction Induction Card will enable participants to work safely in the construction industry.
The Construction Induction Card course is recognised by WorkSafe for the registration of construction workers for OH&S induction.
The Construction Induction Card course is intended to provide individuals with the skills and knowledge to operate safely in a work environment and should be completed prior to entering a construction workplace.
Under WorkSafe Victoria requirements, all persons participating in onsite activities in the building and construction industry must undertake Construction Induction Card training.
At the completion of this Construction Induction Card course, participants will be issued with a statement of attainment on the day of training. This statement of attainment, which is valid for 60 days after training is completed, allows the participant to perform construction work while WorkSafe is processing their Construction Induction Card.
The Construction Induction Card course provides participants with the skills and knowledge to work safely in the construction industry including:
- Identifying OH&S legislative requirements
- Identifying construction hazards and control measures
- Identifying OHS communication and reporting processes
- Identifying OHS incident response procedures
PLEASE NOTE: Students will be required to present a photo ID on the day of training (see below for acceptable ID documents). If acceptable identification is not presented, student details will not be forwarded to WorkSafe until such documentation is sighted.
TYPES OF IDENTITY DOCUMENTS
The documents listed below are examples of documents that can be used as proof of identity. Other documents may be used as long as the document as a minimum provides proof of the participant’s full name as well as a photo:
- Passport (Australian Passport current or expired within the last two years, but not cancelled, International Passport must be current)
- Driver’s Licence – Australian with photo, must be current.
- Driver’s Learners Permit – Australian with photo, must be current.
- Boat Operator’s Licence – Australian with photo, must be current.
- Firearm Licence – Victorian with photo, must be current. (Can accept interstate Firearms Licence as long as it contains a photo and is current)
- Licence to Perform High Risk Work or equivalent photo certificate of competency that is current, not expired.
- State, Territory or Federal Government Employee ID card with photo
- Other Australian Government issued ID card with photo
- Photo identity card issued by a Tertiary Education Institution must be current
- Keypass ID Card with photo, must be current
- Consumer Affairs Victoria Proof of Age Card with photo
AISI will organize the training for each student and you will be required to attend on your scheduled date.