CPC50308 Diploma of Building and Construction (Management)
CRICOS Code: 081210G
This qualification is designed to meet the needs of senior managers within building and construction firms.
Completion of the general induction training program specified by the National Code of Practice for Induction Training for Construction Work (SAC 2006) is required before entering a construction work site. Achievement of unit CPCCOHS1001A covers this requirement. See notes below.
Occupational titles may include:
- project manager
- construction manager
- estimating manager
- sales manager
Applicants should have completed a year 12 or equivalent level of secondary education.
Applicants must be over the age of 18 at the time of commencement.
CENTRELINK STUDENT RELATED PAYMENTS (LOCAL STUDENTS)
This course is approved for Youth Allowance, Austudy payment, ABSTUDY, and the Pensioner Education Supplement through Centrelink.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must demonstrate competency in:
The elective units are to be chosen as follows:
COURSE STRUCTURE (As Delivered by Australian Industrial Systems Institute)
- BSBFIM501A Manage budgets and financial plans
- BSBHRM402A Recruit, select and induct staff
- BSBMGT515A Manage operational plan
- BSBOHS504B Apply principles of OHS risk management
- BSBWOR502A Ensure team effectiveness
- CPCCBC5001A Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for medium rise building projects
- CPCCBC5002A Monitor costing systems on medium rise building and construction projects
- CPCCBC5003A Supervise the planning of on-site medium rise building or construction Work
- CPCCBC5005A Select and manage building and construction contractors
- CPCCBC5007A Administer the legal obligations of a building or construction contract
- CPCCBC5011A Manage environmental management practices and processes in building and construction
- CPCCBC5013A Develop professional technical and legal reports on building and construction projects
78 weeks (21 hours per week).
Monthly Intake commencing the first Monday of every month
Text Book $300
Safety Equipment $200 (Includes Safety Glasses (to AS1337), Safety Boots (steel toe cap), Combination Overalls (khaki), Hearing Protection (ear muffs/ear plugs), Sun protection equipment, Safety Helmet, Hair Restraint (long hair needs to be restrained))
Application Fee: $ 250 (Non Refundable)
Fee for Service students – Domestic and International
The Diploma of Building and Construction (Management) CPC50308 is a nationally recognised qualification within the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF). Upon successful completion, participants are able to further their studies and undertake the Advanced Diploma of Business (BSB60207).
Assessment comprises written assignments, tests and practical application projects. Students are required to attend tests and practical demonstration sessions as scheduled, with tests generally scheduled during normal class time. Students must demonstrate competence on a construction site.
TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT NOTE
Parts of this course will be conducted off-campus within a construction environment.
CONSTRUCTION INDUCTION CARD
All students undertaking the building and construction courses at AISI are required to hold a current Construction Induction Card.
To obtain the card, students are required to attend a one day training program. The cost of the program is included in the tuition fee for the enrolled course paid to AISI. All students are required to obtain a Construction Induction Card prior to undertaking any practical activities on site, or entering any construction site.
The Construction Induction Card will enable participants to work safely in the construction industry.
The Construction Induction Card course is recognised by WorkSafe for the registration of construction workers for OH&S induction.
The Construction Induction Card course is intended to provide individuals with the skills and knowledge to operate safely in a work environment and should be completed prior to entering a construction workplace.
Under WorkSafe Victoria requirements, all persons participating in onsite activities in the building and construction industry must undertake Construction Induction Card training.
At the completion of this Construction Induction Card course, participants will be issued with a statement of attainment on the day of training. This statement of attainment, which is valid for 60 days after training is completed, allows the participant to perform construction work while WorkSafe is processing their Construction Induction Card.
The Construction Induction Card course provides participants with the skills and knowledge to work safely in the construction industry including:
- Identifying OH&S legislative requirements
- Identifying construction hazards and control measures
- Identifying OHS communication and reporting processes
- Identifying OHS incident response procedures
PLEASE NOTE: Students will be required to present a photo ID on the day of training (see below for acceptable ID documents). If acceptable identification is not presented, student details will not be forwarded to WorkSafe until such documentation is sighted.
TYPES OF IDENTITY DOCUMENTS
The documents listed below are examples of documents that can be used as proof of identity. Other documents may be used as long as the document as a minimum provides proof of the participant’s full name as well as a photo:
- Passport (Australian Passport current or expired within the last two years, but not cancelled, International Passport must be current)
- Driver’s Licence – Australian with photo, must be current.
- Driver’s Learners Permit – Australian with photo, must be current.
- Boat Operator’s Licence – Australian with photo, must be current.
- Firearm Licence – Victorian with photo, must be current. (Can accept interstate Firearms Licence as long as it contains a photo and is current)
- Licence to Perform High Risk Work or equivalent photo certificate of competency that is current, not expired.
- State, Territory or Federal Government Employee ID card with photo
- Other Australian Government issued ID card with photo
- Photo identity card issued by a Tertiary Education Institution must be current
- Keypass ID Card with photo, must be current
- Consumer Affairs Victoria Proof of Age Card with photo
AISI will organize the training for each student and you will be required to attend on your scheduled date.